September is time to celebrate. Join me.
- Fall Hat Month
- HAPPY CAT MONTH! You know what the happiest cats are? Purple dancing sparkly ones. (Speaking of which, bonus points to Jon and Janelle for sending me this picture. I’m going to print it and hang it on my bulletin board.)
- Library Card Sign-up Month! Or, if you just want to stop by the library this afternoon and have me laminate your student ID for you, I can do that, because I totally know how to run BOTH laminators now. New mission: LAMINATE THE WORLD!
- National Piano Month! I can do that. And Stacey has Hymns Modern and Ancient!
- National Rice Month. Wait. I thought was July. No, that’s just when I ate rice for an entire month. When I wasn’t snacking on chicken feet, of course.
Next week (8-15)
- International Housekeepers Week. Go Mom!!
- 9-8: The roomie’s birthday! Olive Garden, anyone?
- 9-8: International Literacy Day. Reading–especially reading God’s Word–is a great gift. Give thanks for it.
- 9-9: Wonderful Weirdos Day. Not that I’ll celebrate that one.
- 9-13: Blame Someone Else Day. It’s not MY fault if y’all don’t choose to celebrate this!
- National Singles Week. Wait. We’ve been at Bible school for two whole weeks. How is anyone here still single?!
- 9-16: Mother, Mother, Best AND Dearest OF Mother’s Birthday. Her first birthday in 20 years when I haven’t been with her to give her a candle or bubble bath or new hot pads or something like that. (That about sums up your presents, doesn’t it?)
- 9-18: Hug a Greeting Card Writer Day. Just not if he/she is the opposite gender and you’re an ABC student.
- Everyone’s favorite…. 9-19: Talk Like a Pirate Day. I AM GOING TO GET THE ENTIRE CAMPUS TO CELEBRATE THIS.
- 9-21: World Alzheimer’s Day. (If you can remember it, that is.) Love you, Grandma.
- Tolkien Week. Yup, they’re all in the ABC library. Dewey Decimal number: F T649.
- 9-22: Everyone’s second favorite….Elephant Appreciation Day! Have you appreciated your elephant lately? Well? HAVE YOU?
- Also on the 22nd, Hobbit Day! I think I can probably also talk some people here into celebrating that.
- Puncuation: Day, Sept. 24? It’s… (always) “fun.”
- 9-27: Ask a Stupid Question Day. Don’t ask why. That’s too intelligent. Just celebrate it.
- 9-28: Fish Tank Floorshow Night. Yes! LET’S HAVE A FISH SHOW IN THE LOUNGE, OK?
Last, but certainly not least, National Coffee Day (Sept. 29).
Isn’t that every day at college?
Have a happy September, y’all.